Sunday, December 02, 2012

What do I want?!

I just have to put this out into the Universe: I want a career doing something I love. That's not to say that I know what I want to do. There's lots of things I love. I love blogging, traveling, crafting, painting, sleeping... Out of all those things I'm really only good at sleeping.

The reason I want to put this notion out into the ether is that I am I dissatisfied with my current career path. Which is not to say that I'm ungrateful - I am happy to be employed in this economy. But it's like a pair of golden handcuffs; I am finally making a living wage, but I'm not anywhere near gainful employment. I feel undervalued and I'm not making enough to pay my minimum student loan amount.

I have learned a lot about leadership & that is truly inspiring, but the environment is sterile. I don't like anyone I work with and I cringe at their FB pics & statuses. I find myself mentally correcting their grammar all day. I feel like I am becoming a jaded asshole.

Yet, no matter how much I dread showing up there each day, it's one of the best jobs I've ever had. I feel like I don't deserve anything else - shit, I feel like I don't even deserve THIS.

I am hoping to wake up some day soon with balls big enough to go out & get what I need, want, deserve, and love!! So, Universe, do your stuff but please don't make it hurt.

No comments: