Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Some mean shit I wrote

So I was perusing the Bookface, as I am wont to do, and one of my friends liked or commented on a photo of a plus-sized model, Tara Lynn something, so I felt obliged to check it out. This was not the best idea. I guess I was expecting it to be some sort of chick-friendly, empowering type of page... but no, it was one of those pages that are just full of random crap that thousands of people follow for reasons mystifying to me. Instead of people saying awesome things about different ways to be beautiful people were slinging snide shit from top to bottom. It made me so mad I felt like reaming someone out. So I let them have it:

"I'll admit I'm surprised - though I know I shouldn't be - that the vast majority of you adult men and women are unable to appreciate beauty in any other form than what is being marketed to you as a consumer. Most of the comments on this thread have left me heartsick with disgust at your callous rhetoric. My only comfort is knowing that whatever terrible things you have decided are true of this figure, you have also decided are true of yourself; you have given yourself no room to self-actualize because you have committed yourself to an impossible standard of beauty. Your body and soul will never be united, you will be forever conflicted. I, however, am able to appreciate a diverse spectrum of beauty, and I am able to see those facets of beauty reflected in myself. I know this blurb will not reach through the negative, jangling, cacophony that fills your thoughtless minds, but I feel better having expressed my disdain for your vapid discourse."



No comments: