Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hiding Out

Does anyone have a brown paper bag I can put over my head??

I have the nastiest cold sore I think I’ve ever had in my life. I’m sure my face could qualify for entry into the Mütter museum. My lip swelled up to FOUR TIMES it’s regular size! My landlord came by for the rent and I had to answer the door with this huge fat lip and he kept looking at it. He was probably trying to see if I’d been knocked around in a fight. Sadly, no, I just have herpes. Thank goodness I’m not a hooker or I’d be out of work for two weeks.

Ugh, this is so nasty. I feel like people are looking at me and thinking I’m some dirty ho, but I actually got it from drinking off my mom’s soda as a kid. I think I’ve been getting these since I was ten. A number of years ago I had a sore nearly as bad as the one I have now, and the blisters went so far off my lip I now also get them inside my nose. Those are actually preferable because NO ONE CAN SEE THEM.

I am so damn demoralized right now. Can I take calls from UNDER my desk today??

The good news is that I have to work only today, and then I have the rest of the week off to hide in my teeny apartment and clean. I initially had some lofty plans to drive all over and shop and picnic by myself, but we’re broke already and we just got paid Friday. It runs out so fast!

1 comment:

Linka72 said...

Poor thing!!!

It's probaly no consolation to you but have you ever heard of "The Mark Of The Black Woman"?? It's when you're so damn stupid that you find it neccessary to burn your entire forehead with a curling iron thus leaving a big SCAB on your face/neck/forearm etc, Try going to work with a sweatband/scarf/ace bandage around your skull...SO not cute