Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm baaaack....

This weekend I grew a wild hair up my ass.

Even though I love my job I had the overwhelming urge to flip the bird at The Man…so I got a tattoo. Of a bird. (Nice pun, eh?) On my forearm. And I LOVE IT.

In fact, I am super excited about it! My brother did this rad line drawing of this little round bird with just the tail colored in. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for—I’m not a butterfly, neo-tribal, or Sailor Sid kind of girl.

I feel like I’m back to being me again. I’ve been striving to look more professional and polished for the last year since I quit the mall and started looking for a professional job. I have some nice clothes now and regular earrings (that I wear only one pair at a time), but I sorta felt like I lost track of myself.

Another think I did to reclaim myself was to get my bike out of the basement and on the road. I love my bike. It’s an On-One “Il Pompino” frame single speed with miscellaneous components that I had built special just for me. I have a sticker on the chainstay that says, “your bike sucks.” I rode all around the neighborhood this weekend. I didn’t ride at all last year. I didn’t use it for transportation since worked in uptown and then downtown, both of which are dangerously congested, but in my free time I just never rode it. Not sure what my problem was.

1 comment:

Linka72 said...

Ouch..it's cute though!! I was thinking of getting an eagle across my back like a biker babe..whadya think?? Ok I was kidding..kind of..