Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Weekend

I'm wiped. I want nothing more at this moment than to climb into bed and go to sleep. Yeah, I know, it's only seven o'clock.

Friday kicked off a long weekend. My hubby sadly did not pass his NASD test, so that night he had himself a pity party. He got good and loaded and kept hanging on me, grabbing me, hugging me, swinging me around. I have a very low threshold for being man-handled and I had a minor freak out, which didn't help his ego. I know he was just being needy and affectionate, but when you fill him full of beer, he's just not as gentle as he normally is.

I turned out the lights and called it a night at one, but I couldn't get him to come to bed. Four thirty in the morning he comes stumbling in asking, "Is there a reason why I've been sleeping in the living room?" Um, you wouldn't get off the love seat?

Saturday morning he's hung the fuck over and I have to drive through the city to a baby shower across the street from his parents' while he's giving me commands from the passenger street. For instance, "remember when you take a left turn, the oncoming traffic has the right-of-way." No shit. He forgets that I'd been driving for ten years before I met him.

After the baby shower we visited with the in-laws, and then returned home where Hubby speedily consumed more beer.

Sunday morning, we had Easter brunch with with my family (where Boloney Sandwich snuck some champagne into his previously virgin mamosa), took an afternoon nap, then had Easter dinner with Hubby's family. I just want to go home now. And I swear if my man cracks open even one more beer tonight he'll be sleeping in the mini van.

5 comments:

MICHAEL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MICHAEL said...

Whoa!!! that easter brunch you had sounds alot like the brunch i had. Also your brothers house he just moved in seems eerily like my brothers house.weird. It really seems like i know you from somewhere.

Cristini P said...

Meet my little brother Mikey! This weekend he had to explain to me what "extremo" is. Apparently it's the next generation of slam dancing, but for the Emo kids.

Does anyone remember Emo Phillips and Judy Tenuda? HIL-arious!

MICHAEL said...

no christine its not called "extremo" its called "throwing down" or "hardcore dancing" and its captured perfectly in a quote from my friend. here is the quote

"NOW HXC DANCING, It's basically looks like a handicapped kid with dislocated shoulders trying to fight. And kids were just going into the middle and doing this idiotic bullshit. NO headbanging, NO signs of anything thats respectable, really its stupid, go ahead google it."

Linka72 said...

Easter?? You wanna hear about a crappy Easter??
Check out this post:
http://linka72.blogspot.com/2007/04/men-are-stupid-continuing-series.html

Funny enough, it included a drunk spouse too!!!

You and me are related..I'm sure of it.