Thursday, October 26, 2006

Today Was the Big Day

Well, I had my interview this morning, and I think it went o.k. The woman who interviewed me was very friendly and kind, so I was comfortable. I hope I wasn't too much myself so as to be perceived as unprofessional. I feel like I bombed the writing test, but only because I was being very careful. I was to analyze three documents, write a summary, write a short 3-line description, and choose a few keyword topics the document could be searched by. I got the short description and half the summary of the first document completed. The interviewer noticed I looked worried and said that there was no reason to be concerned, the writing test was just to show my thought process. I hope they choose to offer the position to ME! I was so darned enthusiastic, and I couldn’t help it. If I were on the other side of the (beautiful 19th century pine) conference table, I would rather bring on someone who is excited about the job but has a few things to learn than hire someone who has all the essential skills and knowledge but has a lukewarm attitude toward the job. We’ll have to wait and see how it pans out. I should know in about a week either way.

No comments: