Monday, December 24, 2007

GIMMMEEEEE PRESENTS!



I love Christmas. This is the first year in a decade where I have been able to buy gifts for my family--it was SO fun! I did all my shopping on Saturday, having just been pounded with six inches of snow. I left the car at home and walked to all the shops in my neighborhood, and I gotta tell ya, that was definitely the way to go. The commercial district is accident prone on a normal day, and this kind of weather just brings out the worst in people behind the wheel. Winter storm drivers consist of three types: the overly cautious who cause backups and piss people off, the SUV drivers who want to prove to everyone that their vehicle can handle the snow so they drive more recklessly than usual, and then the rest of us defensive drivers with our eyes wide open trying to avoid accidents!

I enjoyed walking around bundled up like a dork with my messenger bag slung on my back, a chai latte in my right hand and a huge roll of wrapping paper in my left tromping through the snow and slipping in the icy road. I like winter when it's not chap-your-ass-cold, a little brisk air is nice.

When I got home I started wrapping--what a mess. My packages always look like they were wrapped by a blindfolded six year old. Well, maybe not that bad, but I sure wish I knew how to do it right. I guess it all ends up in the trash bin at the end of the day anyway. I'm hoping my gifts aren't as lame as my wrap jobs--I wouldn't want those to end up in the trash at the end of the day too!

I'm at work right now, and I am SO bored. Nobody's calling because they're all out Christmas-ing, I don't even know why we're open after the market closes at noon. All the calls we're getting are from the poor saps stuck in the office transfering money between accounts because their clients don't know how to get on the damn computer and do it themselves. When will they learn you gotta teach a man to fish? But then I suppose we'd be out of a job.

Speaking of poor saps stuck at work, I hope the grocery store is open by the time I get home, I still gotta cook something for tomorrow. Damn, I'm boring. I'm boring myself!

No comments: