Thursday, December 07, 2006

Today is My Last Day!

Last day as a temp. The company I'm working for threw me a going away breakfast of gourmet bagels. Pretty nice. But I think they just wanted an excuse to have some free breakfast.

But seriously folks, this day is just dragging on and on. Normally my work day down time is filled with blogging, surfing, emailing, Bookworm, and Tetris, but my successor temp has been here since yesterday. He was fully trained for this job by, oh, 10am yesterday! So instead of doing my usual screwing-off routine, I am wandering around looking for things to do. Today my job is to go through the entire catalogue section of the library (this is an advertising agency, so you can just imagine) and toss out everything older than spring of '05.

Here's me: flip, flip, toss. Flip, flip, toss... Skim, skim, "Hmm, I should get me one of those..." toss.

I feel sorry for the poor fucker that has to try to lift the recycling bag out of THAT bin. It'll be 300 pounds by the time I'm done. The catalogue library is looking pretty skeletal already. But, I should add, I DON'T CARE. HAHA HAHA!

I think I will go online today and sign them up for a crapload of catalogues. The first one that comes to mind is "Good Vibrations." Then maybe I'll charge some susbscriptions to the company account like "Adbusters."

For the past two days some General Mills suits have been having secret meetings in our conference room--shhh you didn't hear it from me--and by the looks of it, they must think they're a bunch of rock stars at the fuckin' Las Vegas Hilton. They completely trashed a perfectly nice conference room.

There's so much junk food in there I'm surprised no one's gone into a diabetic coma. Cookies, donuts, croissants, cinnamon rolls, bowls of candy, candy bars, chocolate-dipped pretzels, malted milk balls, soda-pop, chex mix, salted pretzels, potato chips! Jeezis! The fruit and veggie trays were virtually untouched, and they barely picked at their box lunches. Aren't they supposed to be pushing WHOLE GRAINS? They obviously know fuck-all about nutrition, so I'm not buying their shit anymore.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I worked at a Specialty Food Brokerage firm once and was forced to revamp their entire advertisement storage catalog. Of course they were NOT willing to purchase anything for it.
Can we say Half Assed Job everyone?