Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Buh-Bye Brain Cells

I can feel them popping like popcorn in the microwave. I am studying my head right off!

I feel like a really low-grade computer. I am trying to cram in so much information that my brain overloads and just shuts off so I can't stay awake. Not only am I studying for 7.5 hours out of my work day, but then I get home, pack up the computer and I'm off again and don't get in till way past my bedtime. It feels like there are clouds IN MY BRAIN.

So far I like the company and I hope I make it through the exams so's I can keep my job. The group is really diverse through all levels of operation, which is way better than I can say for some of the other jobs I've had. I don't exactly fit the white suburban corporate mold, so I look around and am encouraged to think there might be some other folks who think like me. Every office I've ever worked in, the women have mashed potatoes for brains and the men are snotty a-holes. I do not spend my out of work time shopping or sitting around TGI Friday's, so I've never made any lasting connections at those jobs. God forbid I should want to talk politics with other women!

If it's not obvious, I am way procrastinating on the studying I need to get done tonight for a big test tomorrow.

No comments: