Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Can Draw!

Dudes! I am hooked on this website where you draw and post pictures. I have submitted five drawings—and subsequently signed away all rights to them. Even so, it’s a hoot, and people are actually voting for my drawings! They are on www.youdraw.com, numbers 421093, 421098, 421104, 421188, and 421196. If I wasn’t so broke that I have to return some shoes I’ve been wearing for two weeks to make the rent, I’d buy their posters for sale. They’re publishing a book! Think I’ll be in it?? OMG. I am as excited right now as I was when the manager of Jimmy John’s in Uptown said he was sending all the drawings I sent him from my fax orders to the HEAD JIMMY of Jimmy John’s! There was some funny shit in there….

I love to draw. If I could get paid for it, that would be a dream come true but I have no professional training or materials. I was accepted to a tech school that teaches design, but because I already have a bachelor’s I don’t qualify for loans or grants. Did I mention I HAVE NO MONEY? G’aw! …sucks… Stupid dumb crappy.

I’m so broke that I had a whole bag of baby carrots and half a burnt 10” frozen pizza for dinner last night. Tonight will be better, though, because Hubby had the wherewithal to take some damn chicken out of the freezer. The man can’t cook for shit (how do you burn a damn frozen pizza?!), and left to his own devices he’ll plan meals comprised of spaghetti sauce with noodles and a side of maple baked beans. No sense whatsoever of how to make food taste good, but at least he knows that if he wants me to cook up some meat, it has to be taken out of the freezer. When I come home I poke around in the fridge to see what he thawed and try to pull something together with what’s in the cupboard. Good thing he’s easy to please.

There’s a saying about how the best things in life are free, but I gotta say that Hubby and I are running out of things to do for entertainment. You can only chase each other around the apartment trying to poke each other in the butthole for so long before it’s not funny anymore. It will probably be stale by this weekend, and it’ll be a few more weeks before it will be cold and dry enough to skid around the place and electrocute each other with static, so what to do until then? Hmm.

No comments: