Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Ha!! You'll Never Guess!

Woo Yeah! I got a job! As of December 11, I will be a professional in the financial sector of a major metropolitan city. How fucking cool is that?! I'm going to be a grown-up. With a grown-up job. And a grown-up salary. What's even better is that I won't be a freakin' secretary, I actually scored a position with some growth potential.

I am required to get some licensure as well, so my first couple months will be spent studying my ass off and getting paid for it. Guess what happens after I pass my exams... I get a raise. Guess what happens six months later...I get another raise. I never wanted to be a drone in a hive, but the mega-corporation that hired me seems to really have their shit together as far as total compensation is concerned, so I think I can live with it.

I think I'll work as far up as I can go and then venture out and work for myself or a smaller firm when i'm like 40. In the mean time, I'll buy myself some nice suits, pay down some of my student loans, start a retirement plan, have a couple babies, maybe even save up for a down payment on a house. Right ON!

Hubby's really feeling the heat now--the pressure's on for him to hurry up and get a better job. Ten an hour working retail loss prevention is not a hot job. I think his parents are like, "Uh, buddy? You gonna let your wife be the head of household? You better figure it out--and fast!"

No comments: