Monday, February 25, 2008

I had a party!

Hubby and I have never been able to entertain before so this is a huge deal! Here's why: our first place together was big and ugly, the space was akward, the traffic was loud, and we had just two horrid hand-me-down armchairs for seating. Plenty of room for standing around if you didn't mind shuffling through the mail and newspapers all over the floor. We were stuck there for two years because we couldn't save up to move. We also were late on the rent every month for almost two years so they wouldn't renew our lease. Still broke, we rented an extra bedroom form a family friend for three months. Couldn't really entertain in a 10 by 10 foot bedroom piled with boxes. Then we moved into a one-bedroom, but it was 300 square feet and we only had a love seat to sit on. We did try to have people over there, but we'd go cross-eyed from having to look at each other so close. I wish I was exaggerating.

Now we have the most awesome place on earth with a furnished sunroom, living room and dining room to hang out in, so having people over totally rocks! I had a birthday party for myself with Hubby, mom and her hubby, and my married brother and his wifey. It was fun! I got presents and chocolate cake, I fed them gourmet veggie pizzas, and red wine got spilled all over the place, it was totally great!

3 comments:

barbra brusk said...

i had the same experience last friday. one of the first times friends came over.

at the end of the party, we also had beverages all over the place, but i could get this like you, just fine. lol.

in the middle of the night, there was me, on my knees, trying to clean up little mess.

here in brazil most young couples LOVE host friend at home, specially because being out drinking is not the safety thing to do. i gotta learn some lessons first. one day, who know, i will love too.

Linka72 said...

Riot...I wish I liked having people over..I have ALL this entertaining paraphenalia that Martha Stewart told me to buy buy I'm afraid that if I use it, it will get broken..welcome to my brand of crazy.

barbra brusk said...

oh, god,
sometimes i think i am definitely loosing my english, which was already a mess.

what i meant was:

i had the same experience last friday. one of the first times friends came over.

at the end of the party, we also had beverages all over the place, but i could NOT get this like you, just fine. lol.

in the middle of the night, there was me, on my knees, trying to clean up the little mess.

here in brazil most young couples LOVE host friend at home, specially because being out drinking is not the safest thing to do. i gotta learn some lessons first. one day, who knows, i will love to do it too.