Friday, October 05, 2007

Hallucinating Geriatric

Gram's able to talk again, but this good news is tempered by the fact that she's talking nonstop about stuff that has never happened. She keeps telling stories about what she did during the day, like that she went to Walgreens with her sister and there was a bar in there so they sat down. Some of the things she's saying are so funny I can't help but laugh even though I know this is not funny at all.

For instance, according to Gram, while she and her sister were at the bar in Walgreens, a guy came and sat down next to her. He made her SO mad, and she just let him have it. She blew up at him because he was laughing at her. He had slipped her a $20 bill, so she said, "I'm not a WHORE." Holy foul language Gram! My mom and I looked agape at each other and laughed in spite of ourselves.

It's been a long two and a half weeks, and I'm sure there's plenty more drama coming down the pike. Like I told my mom, at least we'll hear some funny stories along the way.

No comments: