Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Que' Paso?

The move went smoother than anticipated. We got moved in on our originally scheduled weekend, our truck rental was not in any way hexed, we even had a little bit of help loading and unloading.

The apartment is awesome!!! Well, the awesome parts are awesome, but the cruddy parts really suck. I love the layout, the paint job is nice, and the floors are well worn and warped (I know that doesn't sound great, but I love how old they are). The yellowed, single-sheet linoleum floor in the bathroom is super nasty and curling up from the floor along the edges. The heat registers are scuffed, dented, falling off, and rusty. I had to spend HOURS and hours scrubbing mold out of the fridge, scraping crusty sticky goo off the stove and cupboards. We have blinds that are about 20 years old and aluminum for fuck's sake. But the built-in BUFFET! I am in heaven! I have a SUNROOM! Granted, it faces north, so I can't buy any full-sun plants, but I do not care.

I am the happiest motherfucker I know, it's sick. Every day I stop at Jamba Juice for a smoothie after work to unwind from my long day of being barked at by wealthy bastards who don't know jack shit about their own damn job. Hubby and I go for walks and window shop. This is the life!

I can't wait until we finish putting it all together, it's tiring. We still have so much work to do!

2 comments:

Linka72 said...

Cograts Riot!!!!
That sounds WAAAAY better than the slum I live in.
Just for the record..I hate you

Cristini P said...

Then move your married feminist ass up here. There are apartments for rent all up and down my street. Then our hubbies can go make boloney sandwiches out of themselves together and you and I will live out our lives eating organic food and drinking fancy tea drinks.