Friday, March 23, 2007

Every Pink Cloud Has a Gray Lining

Ok, I thought of something to piss and moan about. BS is being a lazy selfish SOB again. Seriously? I asked him last week to clean the bathroom floor after I did the tub, toilet and sink. We're talking barely four square feet of tile and a rug--and he can't pull it together!! What the fuck is that about? Every day he walks in the front door and sinks his bony ass into the arm chair and plays with his phone with one hand and the other is down the front of his pants! I come in the door and pick up, do some dishes, make dinner and I don't get to sit down till like 7:30. By 9:30 I'm falling asleep in front of the tube, and Hubby's all like, "let's do it..." Fool, I have done ENOUGH work today, and the LAST thing I need is to exert ANY more energy toward pleasing YOU!!! Then he sits there looking all injured--because, yes, I do actually say these things out loud to him.

HOWEVER, this is merely the grey lining to my pink cloud. Though I am but a lowly trainee in a vast call center, I am already getting compliments on my service from many field reps who call in for transactions! In fact, a nice woman from New York asked to speak to my supervisor to pass on a compliment which resulted in a small recognition bonus. Our company subscribes to BRAVO! so when we get bravos, the points add up and we can "purchase" select merchandise on their website, which rocks. My job rocks.

I'm one of those weirdos that like doing customer service. The most fun job I had was cashiering at Whole Foods (though only after I tried running the bakery and was a miserable failure and decided to go back to school and back to cashiering). Other cashiers would notice my level of service and think I knew the person. Nope, I just like talking to strangers.

So, aside from Hubby's compulsive pocket-pool-playing and refusing to leave it alone long enough to scrub the floor, this week was pretty good.

1 comment:

Cristini P said...

I think I must have been live streaming that entry straight into Hubby's brain because he just sent me a text that said, "that biatch is SPARKLING" and let me off the hook in the other department as well. Nice!